Sunday, January 31, 2010

Poverty in Memphis

Well, I am actually still hesitaing choosing a topic for this big project, which should be broad enough to be interesting, but narrow enough to be manageable. I am a no good writer ever. It was so stressed out whenever I was assigned something like this...
However, I think "Poverty in Memphis" is something appealing enough for me to do research about. It has come to my attention that there are so many homeless people around the city. You can surely catch the sight of someone, here and there, standing hopelessly at the corner of streets wearing IM HUNGRY signs, or waiting miserably at McDonald entrance asking for some money...I may go to shelters to talk to people, volunteer at shelters to gain some idea of how their life is...

That is all what i can think of so far. I will be putting some more thoughts in it very soon, and keeping you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you do some volunteer work. I think it would be fun as well and you can learn more about people and besides it's always good to have someone working with you who you know so it's a little easier.

    ReplyDelete