Monday, March 15, 2010

A Learning Experience at Memphis Brooks Museum of Art

Hi, classmates! I am, first, want to apologize to you all for my absentee to hang out with you all at the Old Forest Hike, Overton Park. Prior to the upcoming event that we are schedule to meet at the Old Forest Hike, Overton Park, somehow, I was caught a cold, and then, I was become ill for several days. I was felt better on Sunday, March 14. For this missing assignment, I will eventually plan to visit the Old Forest Hike sometime during this semester whenever I have have a chance. I am do not sure when I intend to go, but I will let the classmates know as soon as possible when I will intending to make my visit.
Because I have miss this project, on Sunday, March 14, I visit the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art for the makeup assignment. It is really interesting to visit the Brooks Museum if you have not yet been to the place. The museum was located close to the Overton Park. You will see the sign of it when you enter the curve driveway where you actually have to enter before you can get into the Overton Park and the Memphis Zoo. This place closes on Monday, Tuesday, and major holidays and open from Wednesday to Sunday. It is best to go on Wednesday because the admission is free to everyone. Otherwise, the admission ticket will be $9.00 for adult and $5.00 to any students on Thursday to Sunday.
In the Brooks Museum, you will see many interesting arts and items that was dated from the Medieval period to our modern world. The museum subdivides into three floors. As soon as you walk into the entrance where you have to purchase the ticket for the admission before the actually tour, this is the middle floor. In this floor, it contains variety of art forms like paintings and artistic silks like a piece of garment, which dated from the Renaissance Era, and a few pieces of sculptors and materials such as antique table and silverware. In fact, most of the arts in this museum are mostly paintingsand most of the paintings are painted with oil on canvas. One of the painting that I like the most in the middle floor is the painting of the Church Interior, ca. 1620 from Francois de Nome known as Monsu Desiderio which wad dated from 1593-ca. 1630/44. This painting was somehow special for its uniqueness of the expression on the art. The Church Interior is a cathedral, and this is the biggest cathedral in Europe, Italy. One can imagines that the church is really big by looking at its width and long column of the inner entrance of the church. Furthermore, the bottom is what I consider to be the most exciting section of the museum. Still, there are a variety of paintings in this floor as well, but what is cool about this section is the event of the Venice in the Age of Canaletto and the surprising of seeing the painting "The Last Supper," which I was heard about and see it in the art magazine in the past but not actually see the real painting. The Venice is really interesting because it have a preview of the video on the Venice in the bottom floor. The Venice was built over 1500 years ago, and this place was built on 118 islands linked by 416 bridges which cross over 200 canals in Europe. In addition, not just only a preview of the city by watching the video, there are several paintings of the city of Venice for one to visualize and appreciate the artistic looks of how the city was built on water instead of land. On the third floor, there is nothing new about it except the artistic masks from anciet Africa. These masks are represent the cultural tradition of the African heritage which dated thousands of years ago. Overall, I would consider that this is a new experience to enhance my knowledge to live in this world because our world is full of meaningand we can view it like how you would visualize it to take it into reality. I would want to recommend to my fellow classmates who have not experience the artistic works of the Brooks of Art Museum to take a chance to take a trip to Brooks Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment