Sunday, March 21, 2010

Old Forrest

Our hike in the Old Forrest was perfect. Being that i have no car I am an avid pedestrian and have always enjoyed walking in the woods behind my home in Bartlett with my pet dog, Ivy. Unfortunately, she tore the ACL in her left hind leg about six months age and cannot do a whole lot of walking anymore. because of this and a full schedule I have allowed my once daily treks through the woods to dwindle down to a couple short visits a week. It was great to get back out there and breathe some fresh air. Since then I have been trying to make more time to go for a walk and clear my head, as the easy access to nature is one of my favorite things about the Memphis area.

I think that Naomi was a wonderful guide and I was impressed with the volume of knowledge she displayed regarding the Overton Park's vegetation. When she talked about the way it made her feel to be well-versed in said knowledge, it made me want to know more as well so I dug out my old book on common plant-life and have been taking it with me on my walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment