Friday, April 23, 2010

not elmwood

I had fun at Elmwood, but since I just wrote my reflector article on it, I really don't feel like saying anymore on the subject. Instead I am going to write about my upcoming trip to the Czech Republic. I'm really excited because I've always been interested in photography and I will finally get a chance to start developing a new skill in an environment full of wonderful subjects and a conclave of professional photographers that I will have the privilege of interacting with. This was also the perfect excuse for me to splurge on a professional camera. Initially I found the mix up with my plans to go to Italy quite irritating, but since become just as excited to about my expedition to Prague. One event I am particularly looking forward to is our visit to a museum made of bones. some might consider it a bit creepy, but I think its actually pretty wonderful. Why are all the most intriguing things buried? Everyone with the least bit of curiosity has some kind of interest with death. It is, after all the only thing no one can speak on with certainty. I am a bit worried about the thieves. Half of the time I'm stumbling around in my own world and these thieves are supposed to be able to steal from the most cautious travelers with out rising suspicion. I'm also a little worried about the Icelandic volcano that has already caused some disturbances in airline schedules. Keep your fingers crossed that the volcano calms down.

No comments:

Post a Comment