Sunday, April 25, 2010

Playing catchup (sun studio/nathan bedford forest park)

I thought the sun studio tour was intersting as much as it was funny. The tour guide knew his information and even though I have grown up in memphis and love music I pretty much have no idea the extent to which it goes. Everyone knows the famous one, Johnny Cash and Presley to name a few but even then I barely know any of Elvis's music and the only reason I know Cash is because I've been listening to it for as long as my parents have been funneling it through their tape player. Even though I learned a good bit of information sun studio it hasn't really pressed me to learn more. The only thing I wanted to learn more about on this trip was the city itself. Since I have started this class I have learned more about the city itself. I have never been to beale until this class or even midtown. As far as the trip to Nathan Bedford forest park, the question that persisted the most was; why is the park under so much controversy? It isn't like it is in the middle of a massive park, and it isn't like it isn't in the middle of a major part if memphis and other than the history that is behind the man. I do not see the reason for the controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment