Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wow I'm late

All right yeah I'm late but what you gonna do. My name is Mckenze Drew Graham, yeah yeah get your laughs out of the first name now. I was born in Memphis and at the age of five moved to Munford, Tennessee and lived there till I was eighteen and then moved to Bartlett to live with my father and step mother.I gradutated from Munford High school in 2007. I was an active FFA member (Future Farmers of America). My favorite thing to do in High School was to get out of class and go work in the barn till it was time for me to go to work. It wasn't that I wanted to be alone but I like the simplicity of the work, yes it was backbreaking and tiring but nothing felt better to me. I could sit in the barn and do this monotonous work and think about life and what I wanted and I could also sing as loud as I wanted and no one cared and sometimes I could get the sheep to BAAH! along. The thing that caused me to move to Memphis was my mother, she decided that we were going to move to Lauderdale my senior year in high school, and to make a long story short I pretty much said "later" and moved in with my father. Moving in with my father and my stepmother was different at first because I had only seen this side of my family once every two weeks for 13 years but I came to like it more than Munford. While living in Memphis there was so much more to explore, so much more to do. I found out that I really love to watch soccer, its now my favorite sport and can not wait to watch Italy participate in the world cup this June and win again. While I already loved music, I was able to get a guitar and see that I loved playing it as well and writing music for it, even now I'm listening to Snails by The Format. Another big interest for me, now that I have the means to study it, is my family history. If you were curious as to why my name is Montrose, it's because my family are the Grahams of Montrose from Scotland. We can trace our family back from Scotland to the present day. If your ever curious I can show you the Grahams of Montrose coat of arms, seeing as I had it tattooed on my right arm. For me in the beginning of the semester, I just wanted to take this class because I needed another honors class. But after writing my first paper I think I really want to explore this city a little more and I want to learn more about people here in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment